Do you dream of picking your own fruit grown in your own yard or on your porch?
Join Bloomah for this inspiring and practical fruit tree workshop!
- Guided tour of Bloomah’s City Farm, introducing fifteen easy-to-grow fruit trees that can thrive in the ground or in pots (including citrus, seven species, stone fruit, sub-tropical and berry trees plus some surprises!)
- Demonstrations of how to plant a fruit tree and care for it, including pruning and fertilizing
- Tips on which varieties of fruit trees are best for small spaces in your local climate and how to avoid problems
- Discussion of halachic issues, like Orlah. Shmitta and growing Grafted Trees (Note. halachic rulings can only be made by your own trusted rabbi)
- Inspirational message about our connection to Tu Bishvat and the rejuvenating power of nurturing fruit trees and other edible plants
PLUS: Light Brunch Featuring scrumptious home-grown farm treats
BONUS: Take home a cutting or seedling of a FREE exotic, super-easy-grow edible plant (options: thornless blackberry, pitanga, sugar cane, dragon fruit, nopales, willow)
When? Monday January 30, 10am-12pm
Where? Bloomah’s City Farm AKA Naomi Elbinger’s backyard in Ramat Beit Shemesh A
Who? For Women who love nature and dream of growing their own. (Strictly women only.)
How much? NIS 120
Got questions? fill out the form below or whatsapp (messages only – no one answers calls on that phone)
I'm interested in the Fruit Tree Workshop!Please register your interest. This is not a commitment to attend. I understand if you don't make it in the end, I will ask again for confirmation right before the event
My name is Naomi and this is my tiny little farm in the heart of the rapidly growing city of Beit Shemesh, Israel. I enjoy growing, making and processing as much of my family's food and household essentials as possible, while nurturing a biodiverse ecosystem filled with beauty and life.