🌿 Are you curious about the medicinal plants native to the Land of Israel?
🌿 Would you love to discover many world-renowned healing herbs that grow wild and free in your local neighborhood?
🌿 Want to learn how to turn them into healing salves, balms, syrups and teas to support wellbeing for your family?
This Live Women’s Workshop is for You!
Led by Naomi Elbinger, AKA Bloomah from Bloomah’s City Farm and Nature Sanctuary, a hobby farmer, naturalist and herbalist who has been studying, foraging, preparing and using home-made herbal remedies for over 15 years.
What’s on the Agenda?
- Tour and introduction to dozens of wild plants with documented healing properties – based on local healing tradition and scientific research – that are easy to find in Israeli cities and open spaces.
- Learn basic principles to safely and successfully preserve and prepare a range of herbs
- Live demonstration – we will prepare a range of herbal remedies together.
Planned Herbal remedies:
- Skin Salve to sooth chapped skin, cuts and stings and promote smooth glowing skin
- Smooth and soothing Lip Balm
- Cough Syrup with anti-microbial properties
- Infused oils for use on ears aches, stomach aches and other mild issues
- Calming, clarifying Wild-Picked Tea Blends
You will take home:
- 3-4 small jars of prepared remedies for your personal use
- Plant ID info links plus printed recipes for all preperations we make together, so that you can make them again at home
- A sense of inspiration, wonder and gratitude at the amazing plants that grow wild right next to your home!
Disclaimer: Naomi Elbinger is a hobby herbalist and does not present herself as a qualified medical professional. In case of any significant health issue, always consult a medical practicioner. Use homemade herbal remedies in consultation with your doctor and only to relieve mild issues that pose no serious health risk.
🌿 Date: Monday February 20, 2023
🌿 Time: 10am-12:30pm. 2.5 hours total.
🌿 Where: Bloomah’s City Farm and Nature Sanctuary in Ramat Beit Shemesh A. (Address will be provided registrants)
🌿 Who: Women who are fascinated by plants, nature and herbal healing. Strictly women only. (This workshop is also available privately to families and groups. Contact me to inquire)
🌿 Price: NIS 180, including your take-home jars of herbal remedies – all made from the quality local ingredients. Worth hundreds of shekels if purchased ready-made.
🌿 Got questions? fill out the form below or whatsapp (messages only – no one answers calls on that phone)
I'm interested in the Healing Herbs Workshop!Please register your interest. This is not a commitment to attend. I understand if you don't make it in the end, I will ask again for confirmation right before the event
My name is Naomi and this is my tiny little farm in the heart of the rapidly growing city of Beit Shemesh, Israel. I enjoy growing, making and processing as much of my family's food and household essentials as possible, while nurturing a biodiverse ecosystem filled with beauty and life.