Presenting the First Mornings on the Farm Workshop for Women!
Right here at Bloomah’s City Farm in Ramat Beit Shemesh A.
Hands-on Harvesting and Making Workshop: Olives and Oil
When: Tuesday, December 8 – 10am – 11:30
Where: Bloomah’s City Farm on Nachal Lachish in Ramat Beit Shemesh A
What’s in the Workshop?
- Finding and harvesting olive trees
- Discussion of pressing olive oil by hand and by machine
- Hands-on hand-pressing (we will hopefully produce a bit of oil – you’ll find out why it took them eight days to get enough to light the Menorah!)
- How to cure and pickle yummy olives
- How to use olive oil in cosmetics and personal care
- Tasting fresh-pressed organic local olive oil (plus other farm-fresh goodies)
Optional Bonus: 20-min Tour of the Farm afterwards
Cost: NIS 50
Bring along a bag of kitchen scraps for our compost and receive a freshly farmed gift!
I hope to see you there!
-Naomi AKA Bloomah
Health Guidelines will be respected. The event will be outdoors, attendance will be limited, and masks worn.
Meanwhile, you can read about my Adventures in Olive Picking and Pressing!
My name is Naomi and this is my tiny little farm in the heart of the rapidly growing city of Beit Shemesh, Israel. I enjoy growing, making and processing as much of my family's food and household essentials as possible, while nurturing a biodiverse ecosystem filled with beauty and life.