- Want to experience the delight of watching vegetables grow on your balcony or yard?
- Want to see your family pick and eat homegrown organic vegetables?
- Want to get your hands in the soil and be inspired by the wonder of Creation?
Hands-On Winter Vegetable Gardening Workshop
When: Wednesday, December 23 – 10am – 11:30
Where: Bloomah’s City Farm on Nachal Lachish in Ramat Beit Shemesh A
Cost: NIS 50
This Workshop is for Women Only
What’s in the Workshop?
- Tour of winter vegetables growing on Bloomah’s City Farm
- How to easily and cheaply create a productive growing bed, even if you have a barren yard or balcony
- Selecting and planting seeds and seedlings suitable for this season and this climate
- How to minimize damage from pests and weeds (and cats), while maximizing growth, to get a satisfying harvest
- Avoiding Kilayim, Separating Trumos and Maasros, and other beautiful mitzvos that you may never had encountered before
- Scrumptious farm-fresh refreshments will be served
PLUS: You will take home seeds and cuttings to get your winter vegetable garden started immediately
Bring along a bag of kitchen scraps for our compost and receive a freshly farmed gift!
I hope to see you there!
-Naomi AKA Bloomah
I'm interested in the Winter Vegetable Gardening Workshop!Please register your interest. This is not a commitment to attend. I understand if you don't make it in the end, I just need to get a general idea of attendance.
My name is Naomi and this is my tiny little farm in the heart of the rapidly growing city of Beit Shemesh, Israel. I enjoy growing, making and processing as much of my families own food and household essentials as possible, while nurturing a biodiverse ecosystem filled with beauty and life.